8.29.2011

TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : JAZZ AGE LAWN PARTY.












Someday, I really need to go to New York's Jazz Age Lawn Party. It has been going on bi-annually for six years and every time I see photographs posted from it, I deeply yearn to enjoy it myself. Really, what can be better than a day of dancing, fabulous vintage ensembles, jazz, old-fashioned cocktails, and sunshine? I desperately need to book myself a trip next time.

(Photographs above from: From Me To You, The Sartorialist, Metromix New York, Les Yeux sans Visage, WWD, and Village Voice.)

9 comments:

  1. What a good looking party! I love everyone's commitment to the theme - it makes it so much more fun when everybody's playing along. I'd love to go to this someday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that decade in fashion. I'd love to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i never heard of this- it looks like a blast!

    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way every time I see the photos! I want to be the one taking those photos! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! that looks so much fun! totally want to go next year/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is really neat!!
    Hubby and I will have to add this to our bucket list!!!

    Audrey
    aka AudreyGardenLady on etsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, gonna have to get to that party next time. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My good friend went this year and loved it. I'm from the Bay Area originally and Oakland has te Gatsby party in the summer too. Wouldn't it be nice for Portland to have something like that?! Lets start it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...